Sunday, January 24, 2010

Finally A Decision

For the last several weeks since I found out I have breast cancer my husband and I have been seeking the Lord about our next step. We thank you so very much for your prayers during this time. David and I have decided that I will not be having surgery this week. We are not ones normally to refuse medical care, but we feel like that is where the Lord is leading us. God is doing some healing in me right now emotionally and I believe as I walk through this that the Lord will heal me physically as well. I am not against having surgery and if the Lord leads me that way I hope that I will be quick to listen. I am also on a nutritional diet that has been a path of physical healing for many people with cancer. However, we feel like our trust is not in the diet but that if we listen and obey the Lord to the best of our ability that we will not be put to shame but that good things will come.

I am not sure what is next medically. The last mammogram showed calcifications. The last MRI showed no sign of cancer. I was told that if we did another biopsy and it came back benign that it would not prove the cancer is gone. We have been told that the only way to prove that I am cancer free is by having a lumpectomy (which would leave me looking maimed because of the size they would remove) or by mastectomy. Our prayer is that God would not only heal the cancer but remove the calcifications as well so that future mammograms would be meaningful. We are also praying for emotional healing as I walk though some of the issues related to my mom's death from breast cancer (at the age of 46). Thank you very much for your prayers and your support during this time.

Love,
Megan

3 comments:

  1. Love you Megan! Keep posting and let us know what you're thinking and feeling!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for God's healing daily. for strength for you and David. and for all the emotional issues that come from this.
    Thank you for listening to God's leading. And for your willingness to change directions if He leads you that way.
    Jer 29:11-13
    with much love,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Megan,

    I'm just now getting caught up on where things are at for you...almost a month late:) How has it been going since deciding to forgo the surgery?

    You're in my thoughts often...
    Kara

    ReplyDelete